I need to replace the UPS on my Ubuntu Dapper machine. My local computer store (which knows nothing about Linux) has a UPS that connects via USB rather than the serial port. I was wondering if anyone knows if this type of UPS is supported by Linux, specifically Ubuntu. I never managed to configure my current UPS to interface with the system but since I am getting a new one I figured I would want to do it right. The USB UPS is made by Gammatronic.

Alternatively, does anyone have a specific UPS that they recommend to use with Linux?

Thanks,

--
David Suna
[EMAIL PROTECTED]