Hello gang,

After reading the 1st round of "entering hebrew?" I have similar
problem for the gurus of this list.

I'm interfacing with Linux through VNC, i.e. I have a virtual screen
created by VNC, with twm as the windows manager. The OS is as old as
RH7.3 or new as FC6. I connect to the Linux box by ssh (from anywhere,
mostly my home or office), which has a tunnel for the VNC.

Most of the time I run only one application - Emacs - which is run as
full screen without border or title. I don't need any Hebrew support
for the Emacs - it is all done from within (by my hebeng.el).

>From time to time I need to run a Firefox or OO (to read HTML mail and
documents), sometimes I'd like to run/test some legacy programs that
run on xterm/rxvt. For the Firefox/OO I need UTF-8 Hebrew, for the
legacy programs I need ISO-8859-8 Hebrew.

So it all come to this: How I can manage the keyboard to produce
English (upper & lower case), Hebrew (UTF-8 and ISO-8859-8) with twm ?
I prefer to have all those together (modifiers for Hebrew - like shift
and lock for upper case).

I have my practical solution, but I wanted to here from the list gurus
their suggestions.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign