Hi,

> indeed, my jaw dropped. I had no idea ReiserFS was so far behind EXT3
> :-(
>
> time to reconsidder XFS I guess? I never used it before. Is is better at
> recovering from crashes than ext3? journaling and all, I had it
> sometimes come up in a bad, barely recoverable state after a crash.

I think it's pretty good actually, but it really depends on your needs
and the work the server is going to do. If I recall correctly (few
years ago actually), it's suitable if you have tons and tons of small
files. It's "brother" (cxfs) is great for clusters, but it will cost
you an arm and leg :)

Thanks,
Hetz

> --
> Kneel before Zod
> Ira Abramov
> http://ira.abramov.org/email/

Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org