On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 02:14:15AM +0200, Oren Held wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I feel dumb.. Am I missing something, or is it just impossible to send
> Right-To-Left mails in plaintext?
> Must I use HTML mails when I write in Hebrew?
>
> Thanks
>
>  - Oren

Hi Oren,
I use plain text for my E-mail in Hebrew (Mailer mutt, editor vi). My only
real problems are with the choice of encoding (utf-8 or ISO) and, when writing
to people who use windows, I have to remember that their mail clients
automatically reverse direction. So that I have to use a terminal in which the
Hebrew text appears reversed in my system.
As there is a variety of mailers in windows, and they do not treat Hebrew
exactly the same way, I receive from time to time complains about some problems.
Actually, I am not sure that these problems are related to their mailer.
The problem may be just the size of their window/vs the length of my lines.
Keeping lines short is a safe bet.
Cheers, Avraham
--
Please avoid sending to this address Excell or Powerpoint attachments.