This takes me back ~15 years.
We had Sun x86_64 servers, which randomly decided to shutdown. After
investigation it appeared that the problem was that the computer wrongly
decided it's too hot and sent ACPI command to shutdown.
Long story short - firmware update solved it.

Bottom line, have you tried the latest firmware for your XPS15?