All home routers should be able to firewall incoming IPv6 traffic, so
it would be better to just firewall it, instead of disabling.

If you use Hot's modem (hotbox) as a router, then it can do that. At
least in the case of Hotbox2, it does so by default, so you should not
worry about the first issue.

Please also note that DHCPv6 is not the only (or even the mainly used)
configuration protocol for network parameters, so it is not so easy to
disable IPv6 network wide, if your router does not have this option.

On Sun, 7 Nov 2021 at 10:27, Erez D <erez0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've swapped isp (hot/hotnet) and now i have ipv6 support which i can't turn
> off.
> I have a few issues with ipv6:
> 1. no NAT so all my devices are accessible from outside
> 2. can't redirect DNS traffic to my DNS server
>
> I thought about adding a firewall, but this way i need a small fast-enough HW
> for this which is expensive, as well as disable HOT's router wifi so i
> actually need a wifi router ...
>
> can't i just install a dhcpv6 server on an RPi, which will hijack the default
> route and DNS servers, and so actually disable ipv6 ?
>
> Thanks,
> Erez.

Matan.