As far as I know Etcher has a Windows version - never tried it, but it
works well on Linux so should be a good alternative - and (at least the
Linux version) has a nice GUI so should be good for a Windows user.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 12:34:17 +0000
"Daniel Shahaf" <d...@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> I tried to walk a friend through using Windows 10 to create a bootable
> Linux USB disk, so they'd install their first Linux box.
>
> Debian (and FreeBSD) recommend win32diskimager.  Arch suggested a few
> other tools, of which I tried Rufus 3.19 and "dd for windows".  The
> first and third didn't work at all; the second worked once but not
> again on the same image.
>
> Rather than try a fourth tool, I went ahead and created the bootable
> USB disk for my friend myself using good old dd(8) on one of my
> existing Linux machines.
>
> Now I wonder how a random Windows user is supposed to bootstrap
> themselves a bootable Linux USB disk.  Perhaps my experience is not
> representative.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Daniel

Shlomo Solomon
http://the-solomons.net
Claws Mail 3.17.5 - KDE Plasma 5.18.5 - Kubuntu 20.04