Hi,

Before getting rid of the printer, if you are sure it's dead , try mechanically
cleaning the printhead (never use it on a device that have warranty or can be
fixed on other options ) . when you clean it do not use hot water or solvents,
this might damage the printhead, ofc it wold kill your warranty. A cloged print
head could be the source for the failure.

When dealing with HP , One should only use original ink (I think they even had
expiration date on them).
New HP printers would outright block non genuine ink (I think since 2021 )  .

p.s.

1. Please , no matter which printer you buy , only use Offline printers , and
never connect them to the internet if you would like you printer to avoid
useless firmware updates like
https://kevin.deldycke.com/2020/11/revert-hp-printer-ban-on-third-party-ink-cartridges/
 The best option I found so far was to connect HP printers to rpi , that way
you always have a network printer (via cups) but you are safe from automatic
upgrades and security holes.

2.
https://www.techpowerup.com/237048/been-there-done-that-hp-new-firmware-update-locks-non-original-ink-cartridges