On Thursday, 11 April 2024 8:20:50 IDT Boruch Baum wrote:
> I stumbled upon an ancient (year 1995) X11 app called xarclock that runs
> anti-clockwise. You might figure that its purpose was to mimic the
> Medieval Hebrew clock in Prague, but the author seems to have just
> wanted to gag life in the Southern hemisphere, where sundials (he
> claims) run in reverse. I added Hebrew support and published it to
> github along with a debian package and a stand-alone executable.
>
> Debian already has the original version (patched) in its repositories.
> Is there a debian person (preferably a developer) on the list who can
> guide me how to suggest my modifications be added to the debian package?

I'm not a debian developer, however I sent some patches in the past for the
Debian project.

Open a bug on the BTS describing the issue (you can use reportbug).

Check in salsa.debian.org if the project is there, if it is , you need to
create an account , create a patch using the quilt system and do an MR inside
of that patch. mention in the MR that you are fixing bug X
If it's not on salsa, get the source that exist in debian , and create quilt
pactch and send it to the mailing list that is related to that project.

https://wiki.debian.org/UsingQuilt[1]

it might take some time that the maintainer would reply , so asking around over
IRC iat OFTC might help to find how to reach to the person correctly.

>From experience it's better to push changes first to the upstream and only
>then update Debian with the updated version , that way other distributions
>would enjoy these features too.

p.s. it might be a problem to  send patches to the Debian project post Debian
Project Leader actions in recent months.

--------
[1] https://wiki.debian.org/UsingQuilt