hi list,

  i'm running linuxwacom on my intuos3 9x12 (lw-0.7.3 for
  userspace and X-driver, kernel 2.6.16 for kernel module -
  gentoo linux).  positioning wise the device is perfect and
  it has excellent definition, my problem is with button
  release, which seems sticks on button-down events when i
  am using the tablet lightly. this becomes unworkable when
  describing vector paths or using the 'pen tool' in the
  gimp, as the line sticks even when the pen is taken out of
  proximity.

  i have tried changing 'treshold' values but this seems to
  only effect button-down events and button-up still
  sticks. i've also tried various xsetwacom settings with no
  useful results.

  i have tested this behaviour with xidump, which shows the
  same problem for the stylus and for the eraser. incidently
  the green light on the device which reports button events
  works as expected, and i have tested the device on an OSX
  machine with no problems. linux is my only OS, so i am
  very keen to see this working.

  any suggestions/settings are very much appreciated.

  thanks,

patrick