Dekel Tsur wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 12:33:56PM +0200, Tuukka Toivonen wrote:
> > I need to do a presentation (transparencies etc) due Friday. Of course,
> > I'd like very much to use LyX.
> >
> > First I'd like to hear comments, tips and maybe even have example
> > presentations done with LyX.
>
> I've recently created a presentation using pdfscreen and TeXPower.
> The result PDF file is viewed using Acrobat reader in full screen mode,
> and the result is like a powerpoint presentation
> (i.e. I didn't create transparencies).
>
> I've put a small example at
> http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~dekelts/lyx/pdfscreen.tar.gz
> It contains slightly modified version of pdfscreen.sty, and a pdfscreen.layout
> file. Note that the file can only be processed with pdflatex, so either use
> lyx 1.1.6cvs/1.1.6pre*, or manually export to latex and run pdflatex.

For enhanced the possibilities of pdflatex using transitions effects
between pages and pauses I use ppower4 postprocessor
(http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/support/ppower4/readme.html)
and I have created a foiltex-based layout and a transitions.inc files in
order to support the capabilities of ppower4. You can find one example,
the layout, and the inc files at

http://www.iit.upco.es/~oscar/download/Presentation.tgz

and the resulting pdf file at

http://www.iit.upco.es/~oscar/download/presentation.pdf

In the tgz file you can also find a lyx2pdf script (BTW it would be nice
to include a -pp4 option in Steffen Evers' lyx2pdf script ) to run all
the stuff, you must execute:

# lyx2pdf -pp4 presentation

and that's all.

It is presumed that ppower4, and a recent java distribution, are
installed.

You can see a more mathematical oriented pdf example at

http://www.iit.upco.es/~oscar/download/seguimiento200900.pdf

--
http://www.iit.upco.es/~oscar
Yesterday I was a dog.  Today I'm a dog.  Tomorrow I'll probably still