Zaki,

This wasn’t one of the things I got a chance to speak about at MPUG in
September, but it was interesting to get working. The basic trick is to use
divs or tables, and to use a little bit of CSS trickery to get everything to
render nicely.

I’ve put together two supplementary notebooks that demonstrate a few different
ways you can do this
https://github.com/AndrewWalker/ipython-notebooks/tree/master/multi-column-images

<https://github.com/AndrewWalker/ipython-notebooks/tree/master/multi-column-images>

Currently the github render engine isn’t correct enough to get the external CSS
to render correctly, but the online version of nbviewer seems to do a better
job.

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/AndrewWalker/ipython-notebooks/blob/master/multi-column-images/Multicolumn%20Images%20Part%201.ipynb

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/AndrewWalker/ipython-notebooks/blob/master/multi-column-images/Multicolumn%20Images%20Part%202.ipynb

<http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/AndrewWalker/ipython-notebooks/blob/master/multi-column-images/Multicolumn%20Images%20Part%202.ipynb>