Greg Stark wrote:

> Tim Bunce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Has anyone experienced a situation where a process (httpd for example)
> > can't reconnect to Oracle after a "shutdown abort"?
> >
> > Tim.
>
> As far as I can tell we never get a clean reconnection after any sort of
> connection problem. I don't even think it takes a shutdown abort to cause
> this.

The project I am currently working on has always managed to reconnect
after all sorts of database problems.  I don't know if Oracle was ever
killed with "shutdown abort" though.  Could you elaborate on exactly
what kind of project you are building and how the problem is
manifested?  We are doing web stuff with Apache, mod_perl, and DBI.

-jwb