From: Prithwiraj Basu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 12:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: queue manager does not exist error

Hi All,

I am encountering the following problem:

A week ago I was asked to verify if one of our applications (which uses
MQSeries for inter company communication) was still set up to run for the
testers to test some stuff.  It has been a while since anyone has been
playing around with this application.  At the time when I did strmqm
queue.manager.name, I got a AMQ8118:Queue Manager does not exist error.
Then I saw that the queue manager could not be found in /var/mqm/qmgrs.
(It only had @SYSTEM listed).  Assuming that someone had erroneously blown
away the queue manager,  I had IT restore the queue manager and it again
exists at /var/mqm/qmgrs.  However upon doing strmqm I am still getting the
queue manager does not exist error.  Is there anything else I need to do
for the queue manager to be started?  I really do not want to go through
the whole MQSeries objects setup procedure if I can help it.  Thanks in
advance.

Prits