On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 10:32 -1000, Baron Fujimoto wrote:

> - I don't seem to have /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib

Me neither actually, but it still works:

    # ls /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib
    ls: /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib: No such file or directory
    # otool -L ~/bin/mutt
    /Users/robin/bin/mutt:
        [...]
        /usr/lib/libsasl2.2.dylib (compatibility version 3.0.0, current version
3.15.0)
        [...]

I believe Big Sur has started to do some magic there where libraries
are stored elsewhere.

> - Assuming I did have an alternate version of libsasl2 available, how would I
> link to that library specifically when building mutt?

Try simply uninstalling the MacPorts version ("port uninstall
cyrus-sasl2") and then recompiling mutt from scratch just as before.
That worked for me and now picked up the system's version of the
libsasl.

> Also using MacOS 11.1, if that helps

Same here.

Robin