On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 11:18, Jon wrote:
> HI,
>
> One of my hard drives is starting to bite the dust and I'll be replacing with
> a newer hard drive. Since the old drive consists of both linux and windows
> partitions and I want to copy the data across to the new hard drive (which is
> bigger) how do you do it? Also what's the correct sequence in formatting the
> hard drive? If this is covered in a FAQ somewhere then please just point me
> in the appropriate direction. Thanks.
>
> Jon.

There are several strategies that you can follow - but I'd need to
clarify what you mean by "copy the data over" - what, just /home
directories? And how do you plan on laying out the data on the disk in
the first place?

Just checking mate.

--
Sat Jul  5 14:15:00 EST 2003
 14:15:00 up 3 days,  3:35,  2 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.27, 0.26

What they say:                  What they mean:

New                             Different colors from previous version.
All New                         Not compatible with previous version.
Exclusive                       Nobody else has documentation.
Unmatched                       Almost as good as the competition.
Design Simplicity               The company wouldn't give us any money.
Fool-proof Operation            All parameters are hard-coded.
Advanced Design                 Nobody really understands it.
Here At Last                    Didn't get it done on time.
Field Tested                    We don't have any simulators.
Years of Development            Finally got one to work.
Unprecedented Performance       Nothing ever ran this slow before.
Revolutionary                   Disk drives go 'round and 'round.
Futuristic                      Only runs on a next generation supercomputer.
No Maintenance                  Impossible to fix.
Performance Proven              Worked through Beta test.
Meets Tough Quality Standards   It compiles without errors.
Satisfaction Guaranteed         We'll send you another pack if it fails.
Stock Item                      We shipped it before and can do it again.