On Sat, 2003-07-05 at 08:43, Aron Smith wrote:

> > Any and all thoughts/ideas/guesses welcome.
> > Curt
> Just a thought but how old is the CMOS battery in you box?
> after about three years you would start getting strange results in most
> any O/S.
> (of course I get strange results all the time anyway)

Now there's an idea that hadn't occurred to me. It's getting close to
two years old. It would be cheap/easy enough to give it a shot before I
do anything drastic.
Also, I just found that the tone generator does the same thing under 9.0
- which is on another hard disk in the same box, when it didn't when I
last ran it there - that would seem to exclude a problem with WINE, no?
Thanks for the idea Aron.