On Saturday 27 Sep 2003 4:58 pm, Michael.Adolf wrote:
> Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote ..
>
> > On Saturday 27 Sep 2003 12:42 am, Mike Adolf wrote:
> > > I am pretty sure mine has a serial (non USB) connection.  The
> > > connector is not a small rectangle like the standard USB.  The
> > > camera is found on /dev/ttys0 (COM1).
> > >
> > > Anyway, I took your advice and used gPhoto and first tried MX
> > > 2700. It found the camera and downloaded all the thumbnails to
> > > the index page.  But when I tried to download an image, I got
> > > 'camera not responding' error.   So, I tried an MX 1200.  This
> > > time after the thumbnails loaded, I double-clicked one and IT
> > > DOWNLOADED. Fantastic!
> >
> > Glad you got it working, Mike.  To help others it would be useful
> > to have this on the TWiki HardwareCompatibility list at
> > http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/CaMeras
> >
> > Could you write a few lines?  Just camera model, which model
> > driver you had to choose, and that it worked with gPhoto.
> >
> > Anne
> > --
> > Registered Linux User No.293302
> > Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?
>
> Anne
>
> I went to the above site, registered and then tried to logon,no
> luck.  I then saw that you could use twikeguest/guest, that also
> didn't work.  I'll try again later.

Thanks for trying, Mike.  I don't know whether the registration is
absolutely immediately effective.  It's quite likely that the problem
is that we are currently doing some work on reorganisation.  If I had
the page open for editing at just that moment you wouldn't have been
able to edit it at the same time.

Hope it works out when you try again.  If not, come back to us.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302