Okay, all of a sudden my 13 year olds comp refuses to get on the Internet.
This is a system loaded with v9.2 (download editon) of Mandrake. I've got
cablemodem service, with a DLink router. I've always used static ip addresses
and MAC addresses assigned to each comp on the Lan. My 13 year olds is:

darkforce2.ky.org 192.168.0.101

When he boots up, he can ping himself, or any other comp on the LAN. When I
run "ifconfig" as root, it shows his ip address above, and it looks just the
output from ifconfig on the other comps on the LAN (noting of course, the
diff. mac and ip addressess).

This was a reliably working setup, for over a year now and I can't for the
life of me figure out what changed. He swears that he didn't touch or change
anything.

I looked at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and it looks like its
supposed to, identical to the other comps on the LAN, noting the diff. in ip
addressess again.

Okay, after further scouting around we did notice something really odd. The
hardware address for his NIC is now different than it was before. Why would
this change? I tried going into the config page for my router and changing it
to the new hardware address then restarting everything but it made no
difference.

Any ideas anyone? Any directions or leads?

Thanks, a very confused ->

--

                                                              /\
                                                         Dark<  >Lord