Ok I finally got kppp to recognize my modem.  I have an internal USR 56k pnp modem.
Kppp will say the modem is there, but when it goes to dial my isp, it says "expecting:
OK" down at the bottom, and my modem never sends the OK signal.  I have read all the
help files and have tried what they said, but it still didn't work.  I tried
installing my other modem (a Rockwell v.90 56k PnP).  I got it all set up so that kppp
knew it was there too (I, of course, disabled the USR modem).  It went a little
further.  It send the OK signal, but when it reached the dialing step (atdt#######),
it would start over and initialize the modem again.  It would then proceed to go to
the dialing step, and then on and on in the same loop.  If anybody can help me get
either modem to dial I would be most appreciative.  thanks

~Tim

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com