You have mistaken me for someone else. I did not send this original message.
Check your address. Thanx!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2000 12:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] dang modems - please help

Looks as though you have either set something up in the login script section
that shouldn't be there, or your ISP needs a login script that includes that
string

On Fri, 05 May 2000, you wrote:
> Ok I finally got kppp to recognize my modem.  I have an internal USR 56k
pnp modem.  Kppp will say the modem is there, but when it goes to dial my
isp, it says "expecting: OK" down at the bottom, and my modem never sends
the OK signal.  I have read all the help files and have tried what they
said, but it still didn't work.  I tried installing my other modem (a
Rockwell v.90 56k PnP).  I got it all set up so that kppp knew it was there
too (I, of course, disabled the USR modem).  It went a little further.  It
send the OK signal, but when it reached the dialing step (atdt#######), it
would start over and initialize the modem again.  It would then proceed to
go to the dialing step, and then on and on in the same loop.  If anybody can
help me get either modem to dial I would be most appreciative.  thanks