On Fri, 5 May 2000, Christopher wrote:

>That anti-virus software is probably for server uses, to check files for
>virus before upload for Windows clients.  As far as I know, there are no
>viruses for Linux.
>
>~Christopher

Beg to differ, in the dutch Personal Computer Magazine of last month,
there was a discussion of McAfee for Linux. The statement was that it
works well, but it lacks a snazzy graphical interface. (It is a console
app).

Find the eval version at
http://www.nai.com/asp_set/buy_try/try/products_evals.asp

Registration is $200 though.

Paul

>> Does anybody know about virus for Linux.  I thoght that nobody make virus
>for
>> linux, but now I'm impressed of the fact that MCaffe make an antivirus for
>> Linux. I hope that now that exists a linux antivirus anybody will make
>virus
>> for it.

Nothing is impossible for the person who
doesn't have to do it himself.

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(
http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208
Registered Linux User 174403