Dear All,

My N70 also has the same problem so you are not alone. I bought mine in
Feb.1995 in US (I am from India). First I thought that  this was a problem
peculiar to my camera. Then I had a friend of mine check up other N70s
cameras in the same store. He found that two other cameras that he had
checked had the same problem. I can also confirm what others have said. This
seems to have no bearing on pictures which are perfect. Nevertheless I do
agree that it is irritating.

I found a small cure to reduce this problem if not totally eliminate it.
Like Jim has said the back is easily removable. Take two  small  pieces of
paper about 3mm square and  pierce a small hole in the middle of each
paper. Remove the back and you will see that there are two  small chrome
hinge pins on top edge and bottom edge of  the back. These pins are the ones
that perform the job of a hinge by going into recesses that are in  the
body, allowing the back to swing freely.

Slide one paper on the top pin (the pin should go through the hole) and one
on the bottom pin. These small pieces of paper will act like     "washers"
between the back and the body. This will reduce the play and reduce the
sound. Refix the back to the camera making  sure that the paper pieces have
not fallen off. You can play with papers of different thicknesses till the
clicking sound reduces. You can use black paper so that it is not easily
seen and you can also trim of the excess paper to make it practically
invisible. All through please take care that you do not touch the shutter
blades.

Let me know if you need to know any more details.

Please let me know if this trick worked for you.  If it did I will be really
happy that I helped fellow N70 users.

Regards