(snip)

> I just upgraded to an F5 and I
>wanted to find out how much my F90X gear is worth. I'm still trying to
>decide if I should keep the F90X as a second AF camera (already have an FE
>as a true backup) or sell it now for a quick hit of cash.

First of all, I trimmed your price survey of Ebay prices.  There are
several cases of using "shills" to drive up the price in the final moments,
and it is relatively easy to make a new e-mail address.  If you can sell at
those prices, all the best of luck to you.  A lot of people get caught up
in the auction fever...but I don't want to start a flame war like on
rec.photo.marketplace debating the evils of Ebay.

>I would say that it is certainly a seller's market for Nikon gear on eBay
>right now. The selling prices there are very good. But I still can't decide
>if I should keep my stuff or not! It's hard to part with such a nice
>camera, even if there's now a better one in my posession.

My advice would be to dump the FE and stick with the F90x, given the fact
that you have an F5 and comparing the build quality of the F5 with the FE
is like comparing a Ferrari and a Ford.  But besides that humble opinion
being stated, if your real question is "Can I maximize the amount of money
by selling the F90x and stuff now," then it probably doesn't belong on the
Nikon List.  Anyway, the answer to that question is _yes_ you will get the
most money _now_.

You will see the price of the F90x drop in the near future.  The following
is a quote from my friend Mark Harbison when he posted on uw-photo:

"FWIW, if Nikon approaches the F100 in the same way they did the
F4 to F5 launch, F90s will continue to be sold at current prices
until 12/26, at which point they will be available for about $800
(JPY96,000) for a week and then disappear from display shelves at
New Year's to be replaced by F100s. This doesn't mean the camera
stores and discounters won't have them--we'll just have to ask
for them and negotiate prices, as we do with the F4. All
accessories for the F90 will still be available (I can still get
the most arcane parts believable for the F4 at Yodobashi). If you
look at the F100 and aren't impressed, it will be a good time to
buy an F90 (probably a good time to buy an F90 housing, too)."

I haven't seen the F90x disappear (yet) but it is a good possibility once
Nikon gets their production of the F100 ramped up.  Then you will certainly
see the prices drop.

BTW, after handling the camera at Yodobashi Camera a few weeks ago, I
personally don't think that I have enough incentive to buy a F100; although
Ken Aoki says that the F100 fits his hands well, the F90x feels better in
_my_ hands.  I prefer the F5 over the F100.  Oops, sorry, this is starting
to degenerate into a F90x vs. F100 vs. F5 thread...

Good luck, and all the best,

Matt