Listers,

It's been said before but I'd like to say it again: cameras are tools.
Choose the one that fits your needs and get on with your life. Having owned
both Nikon and Canon, I can say that both offer great systems with very
unique pro's and con's. Arguing which is better is just a waste of time -
time that you could be out making pictures.

But one thing before I shut my yap. Those of you who think that Nikon are
sturdier than Canon are wrong. Both companies make their camera's out of
almost identical materials and both seem to die for the same reasons -
electrical/computer chip failure. I never had problems with the Canon gear
I owned, but 2 (!) N90s's I've owned would quit at the worst times if I
just looked at them wrong. Thankfully, my F5 and F4 work flawlessly. I
would expect the N90 to die a deserving death once the F100 has been out 6
months.

just my .02

Bob Croslin