"OpenFlow version 2.02" doesn't mean anything to me.  What kind of switches are
you using?

What IP address are you using with dpctl?  The switch?  In general, switches
make active connections (they initiate a connection to the controller/NOX), so
it's not listening on port 6633.  Sometimes switches can also be configured to
listen too, but it depends on the switch and on the configuration.

More to the point, you say that you're trying to get NOX to send messages to
the switch, but dpctl doesn't have anything to do with that.  Have you
configured the switches to connect to the IP that you're running NOX on?  If
you run NOX and set it to listen for connections, do the switches connect?
What commandline are you running NOX with?

-- Murphy