On Apr 16, 2015, at 5:46 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.que...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 15, 2015, at 5:00 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.que...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Charles,

>> On Apr 13, 2015, at 4:28 AM, Arnaud Quette <arnaud.que...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> cool (bis), I'll check over the day to complete as per my latest merges and
>>> possibly (if time permits) to publish 2.7.3.
>>

>> We should probably add a release checklist to the developer documentation,
>> but for now:
>>
>> the maintainer guide [1] (not distributed) is more suitable.
>>
>> • update version to 2.7.3 in nut/configure.ac
>
> done
>> • create a GPG-signed tag v2.7.3
>
> done  + a non-signed one (not sure it's worth!)

Yeah, I guess I meant that we should have a signed tag (v2.7.3) but it doesn't
need "-signed" in the name. We only had to do that last time because there was
already an unsigned "v2.7.2" tag.

>> • make dist
>
> done
>> • maybe update nut/configure.ac version to 2.7.3.1 or .5?
>>
>> not sure to get why .5...
>
> it's what we did last time :-)
>
> the history log is also saying so... but still failing to understand the jump
> to .5
> anyway, it's probably too hot here (almost jumped from winter to summer) ;)
>
> My main reason was to create a different name for the tarball in the Buildbot
> snapshot builder. After 2.7.3 is released, I plan to go back to the previous
> way of injecting the Buildbot build number and Git hash into the tarball
> name. (The long filenames in the Java package were preventing us from doing
> this before.)
>
>  so should I really update configure.ac to 2.7.3.1 or?

Yes, since I don't know how long it will take to reconfigure Buildbot. (I would
also like to get it to automatically build the website - currently that needs
to be triggered manually.)

>> • push commits and tag
>
> done
>> • update nut/ and ddl/ submodules in nut-website/ (this should update the
>> website's version as well)
>
> WIP, however we should detail the process here:
> either
> - a generic "git submodule foreach git pull origin master" (I did that one)
> - Vs pulling the matching tags (here 2.7.3 from NUT for ex...), better and
> more stable
I suppose we could tag the DDL repository as well.

>> • add download hashes for tarball
>>
>> for hashes and sig:
>> make dist-sig
>> make dist-hash
>
>  WIP, however access to my Gandi PaaS is underway at Eaton (forgot to request
> that one :-/)
> so a bit more delay in the release publication
>
>> I once started to create a publication script, but... hem can't find it back.
>> more to resume ;)
>>
>> After the new version is tagged, I'll update my Ubuntu PPA.
>>
>> cool!
>> shouldn't we add it to the Download page?
>
> It's really more of a temporary solution. Now that our primary Debian
> maintainer is back, all of the packages will be up-to-date, right? /me ducks
>
> woow, cool, our beloved DD is back?! 8-)
> need a bit more time for that too, slowly ramping up on all (of the many)
> dimensions ;)

:-)

--
Charles Lepple