Hello,

I'm facing problems as I'm installing NUT to monitor a MGE Ellipse ASR600USBS on a FreeBSD 6.1 box.

UPS is recognized as :
ugen0: MGE UPS SYSTEMS ELLIPSE, rev 1.10/42.41, addr 2

I'm temporarily using root profile (devfs/devd scripts not modified atm).

newhidups starts & runs fine (unplugging mains makes newhidups outputs lots of data when started with -DDDD flags)

When I launch upsd, it barfs vith :
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> /usr/local/sbin/upsd -u root
Password:
Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.4
Connected to UPS [mge]: newhidups-auto
Synchronizing........ giving up

I've tried to stop and relaunch it many times but output is always the same.

Relevant config files are :

# Network UPS Tools: example ups.conf
user = root
[mge]
      driver = newhidups
        port = auto
        desc = "MGE Ellipse ASR600USBS"

# Network UPS Tools: example upsd configuration file
ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
ACL localhost 127.0.0.1/32

ACCEPT localhost
REJECT all

MAXAGE 30

# Network UPS Tools: Example upsd.users
[admin]
        password = xxxx
        allowfrom = localhost
        actions = SET
        instcmds = ALL

[monuser]
        password = yyyy
        allowfrom = localhost
        upsmon master

# Network UPS Tools: example upsmon configuration
RUN_AS_USER root
MONITOR [EMAIL PROTECTED] 1 monuser monuser master
MINSUPPLIES 1
SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -p now"
POLLFREQ 5
POLLFREQALERT 5