Citeren "Yury V. Zaytsev" <y...@shurup.com>:

I'm actually trying to make use of upssched to avoid notifications for
short outages like ~ 1 minute or so. So far I've added two lines:

# The timers, here 60 sec after the ONBATT (ups on battery) event
AT ONBATT * START-TIMER onbatt 60

# Cancel the countdown is power is back
AT ONLINE * CANCEL-TIMER onbatt

As far as I understand, my

CMDSCRIPT /mnt/data/scripts/ups-notifier

will get triggered with "onbatt" parameter if the outage lasts more than
60 seconds, but I would like it to be triggered if, say when the power
comes back online within a reasonable amount of time and the shutdown is
canceled to inform everybody that there's no need to rush to the lab.

I don't understand what you want here. The above will call the CMDSCRIPT only when the UPS is on battery for more than 60 seconds. Less than that and the timer will be cancelled as soon as the power returns and the CMDSCRIPT will not be called (so nobody will be alerted).

On the other hand, if the charge of the battery is so low that a shutdown is initiated by the upsmon master, there is no way to cancel the shutdown. The UPS *will* power down, even when the power returns (in which case it will usually only cycle the mains).

Is there a way to achieve these two goals at the same time?

I don't understand what you mean with first and second goal. Please make a timeline with events and what you want to happen at each point in time.

Best regards, Arjen
--
Please keep list traffic on the list