I've followed the config setup docs and also the excellent guide from Roger
Price.

I'm using openSUSE 13.1 and built NUT 2.7.2 from the sources (latest stable).

I'm hooked up to a dummy UPS that basically just cycles from fully charged down
to about 20% discharged.  I was pleased when I started seeing the messages on
my screen indicating the UPS was online or on-battery.  Given how often the
unit cycles, however (about every 30 seconds), it was quickly annoying to get
the system messages, so I went into the upsmon.conf file and commented out the
"online" and "onbatt" NOTIFYFLAG messages.  I then did a reload of upsmon...but
found I was still getting the messages.

Long story short, my upsmon.conf file now consists of a single entry:

MONITOR rtdups@localhost 1 upsmaster sekret master

I'm still getting the onbattery,  online, comm good, comm bad, etc  system
messages.  Clearly there is some default behavior going on.  How do I keep
these system messages from happening?

Thanks

Rob