> The "upsrw" command contacts upsd, so it sounds like you should be able to
> add a user to upsd.users on the NAS, and then run something like this on the
> Mac:
>
>   upsrw -s battery.charge.low=80 -u upsmaster -s sekret UPS@synology
>
> Per http://networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsd.users.html
> <http://networkupstools.org/docs/man/upsd.users.html> , the "upsmaster" user
> would need at least "actions = SET". You will need to reload upsd after
> changing upsd.users.

I managed to do this, upsc reports:

battery.charge.low: 80 instead of 10

What is the purpose of changing this value?

> If the UPS is not turning itself off after the NAS goes into safe mode, it
> might be possible to do this from the Mac. You probably have something like
> this in the Mac's upsmon.conf:
>
>   SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
>
> You could add an UPS shutdown command before the Mac shutdown command:
>
>   upscmd -u upsmaster -s sekret UPS@synology shutdown.stayoff
>
> but you would need to be sure that the UPS shutdown delay is long enough to
> allow the NAS to go into safe mode. (This is why it is recommended that the
> master (the NAS in your case) initiate the UPS shutdown.) Also, you would
> need to configure that NUT user to allow instant commands in upsd.users as
> well as upsrw access.

I have SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0” now on the Mac is was SHUTDOWNCMD “”
before.

How do I check if the UPS is turning itself off after the NAS goes into safe
mode?

Kind regards,

Rob