American Jeff Bowden wrote:

Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

Hi,

I'm happy to report that further tests performed on a larger index seem to show that the overall impact of the IndexSorter is definitely positive: performance improvements are significant, and the overall quality of results seems at least comparable, if not actually better.

This is very interesting. What's the computational complexity and disk I/O for index sorting as compared other operations on an index (e.g. adding/deleting N documents and running optimize)?

Comparable to optimize(). All index data needs to be read and copied, so the whole process is I/O bound.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><