Rifaat,

I have a few minor nits in the doc, nothing of significant concern for WGLC.

  1.  When describing the visuals documenting the flows, there is a step that
includes “The user authenticates to the authorization server”.  In each case
this should include verbiage to indicate that this is only necessary if the
user is unauthenticated, e.g. “If unauthenticated, the user authenticates to
the authorization server…”.  Specific sections include 3.1.1, 3.1.2, 4.1.1,
4.1.2
  2.  Section 3.1.3 the final sentence notes the authorization data may be
delivered as a text message or via a mobile app.  This is inconsistent with the
methods mentioned in the first paragraph, which includes email and text
messages.  I suggest being clear that these are example mechanisms and not a
full list of mechanisms by which codes can be delivered.
  3.  Section 3.3.1 the first sentence should note that the QR code is
associated with the particular service (Netflix, AppleTV, Disney+).  Readers
could assume that the QR codes originate from the TV manufacturer’s service
alone as written.
  4.  Section 4.3.9 reads, “… using an e-mail campaign etc.”  Should this be
rewritten, “using an e-mail campaign, for example.”?
  5.  Section 6.2.3 discusses FIDO CTAP 2.2.  This document is still in review
draft 01<https://fidoalliance.org/specifications/download/>.  We should note
that the document is not final as of today.
  6.  Section 6.2.3.5 could be softened a bit.  The first sentence should
include, “… and a suitable FIDO credential is not available on the consumption
device.”  In most patterns, this mechanism is used to bootstrap a new
credential on the device, rather than using this mechanism for authN every time.

Authors, if you have any questions please let me know.

Thanks,
-dhs

--
Dean H. Saxe, CIDPRO<https://idpro.org/cidpro/> (he/him)
Senior Security Engineer, AWS Identity Security Team | Amazon Web Services (AWS)