On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 05:39:33 GMT, Karthik P K <k...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> When Text width was more than TextField width, the logic to update
>> `textTranslateX` in `updateCaretOff` method was causing the issue of
>> unexpected behavior for Right and Center alignment.
>>
>> Made changes to update `textTranslateX` in `updateCaretOff` method only when
>> text width is less than text field width i.e `delta` is positive.
>> For both right and center alignments, the `textTranslateX` value calculated
>> in `updateTextPos` method will be updated without any condition so that
>> expected behavior is achieved for all scenarios of text width relative to
>> text field width.
>>
>> Added unit tests to validate LEFT, CENTER and RIGHT alignments. RIGHT and
>> CENTER alignment tests are expected to fail without the fix provided in this
>> PR.
>
> Karthik P K has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains four additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - Merge branch 'openjdk:master' into textfield_issue_fix
>  - Update comments
>  - Fix textfield right and center alignment issues
>  - Fix for TextField right alignement issue

So, regardless of the alignment setting, whether the width of the control is
less than the space required to show all the text (or all of the prompt text),
we should show the beginning of the text.  Makes sense!
And, for RTL orientation, that will be mirrored - but still shows the beginning
(of RTL) text.