On Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:13:09 GMT, Ambarish Rapte <ara...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Nir Lisker has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
>> commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Fixed typo
>
> modules/javafx.graphics/src/main/java/javafx/scene/paint/PhongMaterial.java
> line 170:

>> 170:  * <i>R=2(L⋅N)N - L</i>.
>
> Should these values be described as respect to point instead of surface ?
> for example: the vector from the surface to the light source -> the vector
> from the **point** to the light source

The sentence above says "Four normalized vectors are considered for each point
on the surface", so I think this is clear. The problem with looking at points
is that they have no direction, unlike a surface, so you can't have a "normal
of a point", you can only have "normal of a surface", and the reflection vector
also depends on the directionality of the surface.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jfx/pull/1378#discussion_r1506187511