On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 07:02:32AM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> > 1. we want to make sure that all packages in an openpkg instance are built by
> > the same compiler and we want to be able to specify that compiler on a
> > per-instance basis.
>
> Not obvious, but possible (at least with OpenPKG-CURRENT and the
> forthcoming 1.1): Use a ~/.rpmmacros (in the home of the user who builds
> the packages) with "l_cc /path/to/your/cc" and perhaps "l_cflags -flags
> -of -your -cc".

This seems to work.  Thanks!
> > from their source rpms.
>
> Also not obvious, but possible (at least with OpenPKG-CURRENT and the
> forthcoming 1.1): Use the release engineering scripts you find under
> http://www.openpkg.org/cvsweb/cvsweb.cgi/openpkg-re/. In particular what
> you need us the src2make.pl script which is given the source RPMs. It
> generates a Makefile which allows you to build the corresponding binary
> RPMs.

Trying this now.  I like the idea of using make for this.  Clever.

One more thing we'd like: we'd like to be able to specify that some packages are
only buildable/installable on certain platforms.  I know rpm supports this, but
is openpkg designed to assume that every package must build on every platform?

--
miles egan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OpenPGP/GPG Key 0x01F53D51 @ wwwkeys.us.pgp.net