I am to authenticate a client using his certificate.

In my server program, I use SSL_CTX_set_verity(ctx, SSL_VERIFY_PEER |
SSL_VERIFY_FAIL_IF_NO_PEER_CERT,0) to mandate that client cert should be
present.
If present, I use SSL_get_peer_certificate(ssl) to retrieve the client cert.

In my client program, I use :

  SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file(CTX,CERTF,SSL_FILETYPE_PEM)
  SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file(ctx, KEYF, SSL_FILETYPE_PEM)

calls to load a cert and a key into the client.

This is from the documentation I found, from Eric Rescorla's "An
introduction to OpenSSL programming" notes.

But, everytime, I run the client and the server, the server complains that
client hasn't presented a cert.  Is something else, needs to be done to get
a client cert to the server.

I am using openssl-0.9.7 on HPUX (Unix) systems.

thankful for any help in this regard.

Namaste,
R S Chandrasekhar
[EMAIL PROTECTED]