Hello

I have been using openvpn for years with ccd files for clients.  All of
my clients sadly have spaces in their common Names and this has been
easily handled in openvpn ccd files by replacing spaces with underscores.

We have recently upgrades to openvpn 2.3 and this name remapping has
been removed.  I appreciate that for lots of things not changing the
Common Name at all is the correct behaviour but i'm wondering if there
is a flag that can be set to retain the behaviour for ccd files.

With the current version compat-names still works but it has been
deprecated and will be removed according to the docs in the source code.

I would rather not have spaces in my file names as that makes all kinds
of other scripts more difficult to manage.  Sadly, regenerating all the
certificate common names will not be a trivial task either.

Is there a plan to maintain backwards compatability with ccd files that
have spaces mapped to underscores?

Thanks

Tom