Jeff:
>> 4. Tabs set to four spaces.

Stuart:
> 4 space good, two space bad?
>
> This sounds like a religious war in the making.  So I say 2
> spaces for a tab and don't use tab characters.  If you can
> cleanly fit your code into 80 columns that would also be
> nice (though I realize that is unlikely for Palm OS).

2?  Fine.  4?  Fine.  Just not 3!  ;-)  (just kidding)

Isn't the advantage of tabs that if you and I are sharing code and using
well-mannered IDEs, you can set your tabs to be 2 spaces wide and I can set
mine to 4 spaces wide, and we're both happy?

I expected more guff over the { and the } than the tabs and spaces!

On a slightly related note, I've always thought that programming is a
pleasant mix of both science and art.  There's a certain aesthetic about a
well written function that also looks good.  Of course, code beauty is in
the eye of the beholder.

Jeff