Hi David,

David E DeMarle wrote:
> When you configure manta, try turning MANTA_SSE off.

Right, that's what my next step turned out to be :)
Costs a lot of performance though... (8.7 fps instead 18 for the
standard manta demo).
> Then rebuild paraview and try the manta plugin.
>
> You may want to ping the manta mailing list about why SSE isn't found
>
> on your platform and why that code path in DynBVH fails when it isn't.

Well, the Manta configuration *does* find SSE. It seems it's Paraview
that isn't compiling against Manta in the correct way. This could be due
to $MANTA_BUILD_DIR/MantaConfigure.cmake not adding any SSE-related
compile flags when it should. The end result is that -msse[2] and
-DMANTA_SSE are not passed to g++ when it's compiling the manta-related
sources in Paraview.

Paul