On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:58 AM, Nenad Vujicic <nena...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Dave,
>
> Thank you for your ideas. Unfortunately, there are no errors / warnings
> emitted during startup or while running ParaView. Also, I tried several
> times with restarting ParaView and always checked if listening is started
> (i.e. Start button is disabled and Stop is enabled). I even turned off my
> firewall, but nothing helped.
>
> Btw, when I put some logging calls to pqVRStarter.cxx Ln 56 (beginning of
> pqVREventPlayer::playEvent() routine), I didn't get any message (during my
> trying to work with 3d mouse). Of course, pqVREventPlayer class definition
> is enabled (because PARAVIEW_USE_VRPN is turned ON). Did I maybe need to
> enable some special flag during compilation of Qt to get this event playing
> working or this is used only during automated testing?

That was only for automated testing. If you want to debug this, try
putting some debugging messages in

vtkVRGrabWorldStyle.cxx: HandleTracker() and HandleButton()
pqVRPNConnection.cxx: newButtonValue() and new TrackerValue()

The first one is the style where the events from the vrpn are
translated into camera events, and the second file will check that the
events are coming in from VRPN correctly.

Did ParaView/VRPN work on this machine in the past? AFAIK no one else
has tried this on Windows 8 yet.

Dave