I have a need to do a Boolean intersection of two unstructured multiblock
datasets.  It so happens in this case that the underlying element sets are
polygonal meshes, so in this particular case I could also do what I want with a
Boolean intersection of two polygonal meshes.  To be (hopefully) redundant, I
have two meshes which share some points and cells and each of which have other
points and cells which are not shared.  I would like a new mesh which consists
of all the points and cells that are in both of these meshes.  I need this to
work properly in parallel.

I know enough to create a python-based filter (python programmable filter) to
create this operation, but are there already existing Boolean mesh operations,
and if not would those be a useful thing to add?