Teng--

In my experience, using the WARP filter with a scale value of 1.0 on the displacement vector will give the actual distorted mesh at the time step, or load step being examined by ParaView.

If you are seeing "mesh overlaps" with the WARP filter as described above, then it is likely one of several conditions:

(1) The simulation datum set already contains the deformed mesh at each time/state-of-loading. (Check with whomever wrote the results output routine in your software.)

(2) The loads specified are larger than the structure can properly support,

(3) The simulation software may contain contact (aka sliding interface) capability that is not being used or improperly specified,

(4) ....

--Sam