Hello again Mark,

I have been working on implementing the binary "inline" option for my VTK XML
files. I looked through the OpenFOAM code that you suggested and am having
trouble interpreting it.

Would you be able to give me a hint as to where I should be looking in
foamVtkBase64Layer? For example, in my current code I write the array data like
this:

  int i,j;
  ofstream lfile;

  lfile << "\t\t\t\t<DataArray type=\"Float32\" Name=\"rho\"
format=\"ascii\">\n";
  lfile << "\t\t\t\t\t";
    for (j = firsty-1; j <= lasty+1; j++){
    for (i = firstx-1; i <= lastx+1; i++){
      lfile << rho[j][i][t] << " ";
    }
    }
  lfile << "\n";
  lfile << "\t\t\t\t</DataArray>\n";

 I have not used the write function in C++ before. Is there a quick way to
explain how the above code would be modified (with the contents of "rho" being
written to the file)? I wonder if I will run into a problem because of how I
have set up the array with the 't' index last.

Thank you so much for your help so far.

Nicholas Stegmeier
Graduate Student
Mathematics and Statistics