Thanks Utkarsh. Yes, running pvpython from a Terminal is indeed different from
running the Python Shell in the PV app (on OS X anyway), in terms of os.environ.

Regardless, hopefully my proposed approach of creating an envs.py module in the
PV installation will work. I’m just looking for the simplest solution for our
users.

-Randy