On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 15:14:01 +0000, Heiland, Randy wrote:
> Thanks Ben.  You’re right, of course. Moreover, my idea for having
> (non-admin) users install additional Python modules (e.g., scipy) into
> PV’s dir, is a not going to go well.

Well, if `sys.path` or `PYTHONPATH` can be pointed to it, it *should*
work (though the `numpy` in the package may not be configured properly
for `scipy`).

> Do we at least agree that if I ask users to start PV from the
> Terminal, PV’s Python will then pick up the user’s env vars?

It should, but ParaView doesn't do anything to stop it. If it doesn't
work, it's probably some Apple framework thing that needs to be told not
to do silly things.

--Ben