Hi Ken,
Thanks for the detailed reply. I could not get anything out of the settings
dialog as per your suggestion. Did you have a combination of those settings
that might work for my files?

I can also see the image you sent; that's usually fine. However, I
typically apply a Threshold filter to the _basic_ files (Scalar: alive;
min: 0.1; max: 1). In this case, the _basic_ object is always drawn in
front of the _broken_joint_ object.

In addition, I visualize dozens of these files every day so Transforming
every single object is a bit tedious.

Thank you,
Omid