Two approaches:

1. put the two is separate headers and pick the approach header based
on if _DETAILED was defined at cmake configure time.
2. change header as follows:

#ifndef __VTK_WRAP__
#ifdef __DETAILED
#define vtkAlgorithm vtkMultiBlockDataSetAlgorithm
#else
#define vtkAlgorithm vtkRectilinearGridAlgorithm
#endif
#endif

class ... MyPlugin: public vtkAlgorithm
{
   static MyPlugin* New();
   vtkTypeMacro(MyPlugin, vtkRectilinearGridAlgorithm);
#ifndef __VTK_WRAP__
#undef vtkAlgorithm
#endif

};

Here, the wrapper will not provide any API on the the real superclass
but most likely, you only care about API in vtkAlgorithm to be
wrapped. See vtkFloatArray as an example on how this is done.

Utkarsh