As a happy coincidence, Will Schroeder just posted a merge request for
a VTK filter that computes the volumes of connected regions in a poly
data and stores the volumes in field data:
https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/3825. We could
expose this in ParaView once it lands in VTK.

Cory

--
Cory Quammen
Staff R&D Engineer