Louis,

> This seemed to produce reasonable looking results, but I was not able to
> specify the number of points along the arc where data was extracted.

PlotOnIntersectionCurves essentially slices the dataset using a
implicit plane. The points you get are indeed the insection points
between your polydata and the plane and hence there's no control over
how many points there can be, besides what's determined by your mesh.

If you can share the sample data (feel free to do it off the list,if
you'd like), I can see what other options may work.

>Also,  upon saving, three files were produced file0.csv, file1.csv, file2.csv,
>and
> file3.csv. Not sure why I am not getting just one file?

Are you using "save data"? I'd suggest selecting the "Chart View" and
then using "Export View" option to export the curves. That will give
you a since CSV for the fields you've selected.

Utkarsh